Sunday, October 01, 2006

What I will buy


This power house voice is something to listen to. She's Sabahan...part filipino and I've heard her life before. Just got an email re Mia's new single.

I have been staring at the PC screen since 9:48am this morning. It's been a trying and tedious time for me. I sometimes feel like I'm masquerading as a person who should know her way around the pc. Have you ever, typed midway only to have your fat ( optional ) fingers hit some blasted key....and then ( get this ) the entire page realigns itself in some weird gawd-forsaken way?

Just a few minutes ago...the unthinkable happen. I now know....toes can be devious appendages too. ( Listen up and take note those of you with wiggly toes ). My left toe hit the off button which is strategically placed way way below the pc....and just for a moment ( where I thought my life had ended ) the screen suddenly went blank. And all I could do was hyperventilate for a good 10 seconds before switching the damm machine on again.

And so here I am ( a survivor ) picking up the bits and pieces and getting along with life as best she can. I'm midway through the corrections I'm meant to be doing. All them ticks and annotations to take note. I haven't showered ( which shows some dedication to getting down to work ) and I haven't been out of the house today.

2 comments:

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

I hear ya! There's an odd key-combo that turns my screen "landscape" so that to read I'd have to turn the monitor on its side. It happens just infrequently enough that I have to spend 15 minutes researching (again) how to flip the thing back!

I like those days, sometimes, in which I don't groom, or leave the house. sometimes.

edina monsoon said...

gnightgirl: good GRIEF!! It sounds like a real pain. Have you ever realised them books at borders are arranged in such a way..you always always have to turn your head to read the titles??? Gives you a creeky neck.