Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Denmark Celebrates:)

Prince Christian Valdemar Henri John has eight godparents. The aussies are MAD with joy. And so her royal duty has been fulfilled. Now Mary needs to find a niche for herself in Denmark. The golden period where NO one criticises her will be over soon. As it is, comparisons between Alexandra and Mary have been made...the Danes appreciate hard work.

I think it's a shame Princess Alexandra had to sit apart from her sons...relegated to the fringes of royalty. If memory serves correct, it wasn't her infidelity splashed across the papers. *ahem*

6 comments:

Anna, Fair and True said...

I agree with you re. Alexandra although later it has emerged that perhaps she too had an affair... who knows.. I just wished they had had a happy marriage.

Fred said...

Eight godparents? Heck, I thought everybody had at least ten. :)

Anna, Fair and True said...

My boyfriend has five and he's just a regular guy. Well, actually he has aristocratic blood, but still!

edina monsoon said...

Anna: yeap. They dished some dirt on Alexandra as well. I read that bit too. Tsk Tsk...such a waste. The marriage I mean.

As for Godparents....eight is PLENTY.

Fred: And TEN is plain old over the top.

The Aunt said...

I had two but neither of them really showed up.

They're making up for it a bit now we all have email and they're retired and have the time.

Of course, now I'm working, and I don't have the time.

edina monsoon said...

Aunty marianne: Jeepers:) I win then. I have but the one godmother. She's safely stashed out of the country....a safe enough distance not to overpower you.