Wednesday, September 30, 2009
1. Sleep early the night before. Do not, I repeat do not assume you can get by with less than 8 hours sleep. You're not a teeny bopper teenager any more. Live with it
2. Chant to yourself ( softly if you're taking public transport, as loud as you want if like me you drive alone) the mantra is " Don't think, just do". This is the time, when the depressive thoughts start popping in and out of your mind. Fight it!!!
3. Smile, even though you feel like death itself. It makes a difference. Your dark mood would have moved up a notch or two by the 5 th smile you bestow. ( Do not smile at your enemies, this will make you come across as a flaky individual, do however, maintain a slightly less aloof manner when in contact.)
4. Think happy thoughts. If that means thinking of your best enemy's toes rotting. So be it.
5. Set a target to head home on time and even if you have the usual euphoric drive from having survived Monday, please head home to get your rest. It is after all, the start of the working week.
I had a very productive and good Monday. ( Today wasn't so good )
Picture from theresa thomson's photostream
Sunday, September 27, 2009
This is the second Donna Hay book I'm reading. First of all, Lola is a silly name. I sympathise with anyone who's had the unfortunate luck of being saddled with this name. The cousin went out with a"Lola" before and that's the closes I've gotten to knowing a real-life Lola. Whoops, isn't Madonna's daughter named Lola? Well there you go then. Ms Hays ' pace is exactly what I like. Allegretto. The previous book by AP was painful and rather pointless. I'm glad I finished it. It will be relegated to the back of the bookshelf.
( picture of Ms Hays' book and my breakfast this morning)
Some misinformed individual ( nameless of course) said she heard a rumour that crocs was closing down. I immediatedly promised self I would finally go out and buy one of them infamous ugly clog-like rubber thingies with holes all around. It is hard to look good in them. Light, casual and functional they are. Sleek and chic it is NOT. Three days back, I visited the local CROCs shop in KL and tried just about every colour possible. ( I stayed away from the newer designs to keep things simple). The most beautiful of the lot was a soft (dark) violet number. Watch this space:)
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Somebody stole my lunch yesterday. And that somebody obviously is illiterate. Otherwise, the name written on the top of the box would have been sufficient to say "HANDS OFF ". It was bought and left at the pantry....and left unattended for *count*count* 2.45 hours. I shall not wish the culprit ill health ( in the shape of torrential diarrhoea) I shall instead wish, that you needed it more than me.
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Saturday, September 19, 2009
Malaysia must have one of the most number of public holidays. This is not evidence based. It's a personal opinion. We get two extra days this weekend. I'm all smiles this morning. The weekly laundry has been done. The dreaded hoovering too. And in addition ( because I felt extra chirpy) I even arranged the books on top of the piano. ( Which has been haphazardly sitting one on top of the another for at least 3.4 months now. As a reward, I found my missing note-book. What's left is a lie-in this afternoon. Hope it rains later, I love the wet season.
Friday, September 18, 2009
Sunday, September 13, 2009
I felt a sharp distinct pain when I washed my face this morning. It took me one and a half minutes to identify the exact source. Two scratches on my face. These certainly were not present the night before. So it means, I cheerfully did it during sleep. On closer inspection, I have 4 scratches. And will have to head to work tomorrow, looking pretty silly I think. Oh dear oh dear
Friday, September 11, 2009
Thursday, September 10, 2009
It's been a combination of inadequate sleep ( my fault entirely), a sense of impending doom ( haven't found the reason) and the lack of shopping plus the lack of patience which has led to a general bad tempered-ness this week. I hope the weekend cures this. It's not fashionable and certainly does not endear me at ALL
THIS IS NOT MY DESK!!! But just look at the beaut gadgets on the desk. And ( what's more annoying )the desk is free of clutter! Mine has 3 laptops ( one has not been switched on for a year now) one *wink* Imac a couple of battery chargers some of which are for gadgets no longer alive.....some books, more books. and WIRES criss-crossing at the edge of the table. Hmmm I am ..now motivated to clear it up..and take a picture.
I am a diseased individual. This morning, despite waking up at 6:30am, I spent the morning egg-hunting on facebook hatchlings application before leaving for work. That's right. You read correctly. And then, the obsession was to get over a 1000 eggs before getting up from the chair. Just as I said " ENOUGH"...I found a special egg. And the temptation was too great to leave. So I arrived at work a whole hour later than targeted. Oh dear oh dear
Tuesday, September 08, 2009
98 - 100, Jalan Tuanku Abd Rahman 50100, Kuala Lumpur
Hands up those of you who may have thought of this before it became the norm, soya bean and cincau!! I've seen it on other folks' tables, and so just two weeks back, I took the plunge and ordered. Tasty but note to restaurant owner, the diameter of the straw needs to be just that bit bigger. Otherwise it makes for a fragmented slurp. Most annoying!
Monday, September 07, 2009
Sunday, September 06, 2009
And then there's this place. Placed akwardly to the right of the escalator as you come up from the ground floor. Just a month back, they wrapped their seats up, and sold only minimal cakes as the renovation got on. Today, I saw the finish product and went WOW!!! Certainly a place worth having coffee and cakes. See you there!
Saturday, September 05, 2009
Hamdi has been lying low for a while now. The exams looming ahead is a good reason to stay away from facebook and indeed any other potentially addictive hobbies. So it was a lovely surpise when he emerged from hiding and tagged me.
1.What time did you get up this morning?
6:30am ( with a full bladder and a creaky neck)
2. How do you like your steak?
Well DONE please. I dun fancy oozing blood being masked as sauce.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
I can't remember the TITLE!!! ( AAah got it...Kingdom of Heaven)
4. What is your favorite TV show?
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
KL ( but I want a helicopter to take me places)
6. What did you have for breakfast?
Cafe 21 instant coffee, ham sandwich and a curry puff
7. What is your favorite cuisine?
At the moment, Korean. BIBAMBAP....here I come
8. What foods do you dislike?
Curry which isn't spicy
9.Where is your favorite place to eat?
That mamak stall in Plaza Damas. BEST MAGGI GORENG IN TOWN!
10. Favorite dressing?
I don't have one.
11.What kind of vehicle do you drive?
Currently am driving a borrowed car
12. What are your favorite clothes?
spaghetti strap tops teamed with a light-weight cardigan. And 3/4 jeans
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance?
Korea so I can visit all the places I've seen on the korean drama serials. And eat genuine bibimbap
14. Cup half-empty or half-full?
15. Where would you want to retire?
Possibly in a different country.
16. Favorite time of day?
The mornings...especially when the sun is just about to rise. The promise of a brand new day.
17. Where were you born?
18. What is your favorite sport to watch?
Gymnastics...expecially the balance beam act. Amazing how they can not only balance but do impossible stuff on it.
19. Who do you think will not tag you back?
Err..I'm not going to tag anyone:)
20. Person you expect to tag you back first?
Doesn't apply so I'll skip this question shall I
21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this?
22. Bird watcher?
23. Are you a morning person or a night person?
Morning. Altho I read somewhere the night folks are the more intelligent ones.
24. Do you have any pets?
25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share?
I am attempting the vibrato on the violin. And now officially sound like a dying constipated cat
26. What did you want to be when you were little?
An author:) I even wrote a story once. IN a notebook I made myself ( okay with my mother's help).
27. What is your best childhood memory?
The sound of waves as I sleep.
( We used to live by the beach...)
28. Are you a cat or dog person?
DOG!!! Cats car hypocrites
29. Are you married?
30. Always wear your seat belt?
In the car YES!!!
31. Been in a car accident?
Yes my week-old Jazz and I hit a guy on a motocycle....the car crumpled at the front. And the windscreen shattered. But I now know for a fact the airbags are blue and pink:)
32. Any pet peeves?
People who add "s" at the end of words which dun need them.
example: I eats with you today. *puke*puke*
33. Favorite pizza toppings?
34. Favorite flower?
35. Favorite ice cream?
36. Favorite fast food restaurant?
A+W for the corney dog
37. How many times did you fail your driver's test?
I PASSED first GO
38. From whom did you get your last email?
Someone at work....giving more work:(
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
MACHINES ( they sell ipods)
40. Do anything spontaneous lately?
I spontaneously lied my way thru the preview SOGO sale to get to Jalan TAR this morning
41. Like your job?
Only with loads of garlic..
43. What was your favorite vacation?
The time At Mt Buller...
44. Last person you went out to dinner with?
45. What are you listening to right now?
The sound of traffic....
46. What is your favorite colour?
47. How many tattoos do you have?
NOne( but I have loads of scars..)
48. How many are you tagging for this quiz?
49. What time did you finish this quiz?
50. Do you drink coffee?
Yes...one mug every morning.
Friday, September 04, 2009
It's Friday, and once again, I'm late for work:) Have a good Friday...I cannot wait for the weekend. It's going to be brilliant.