Sunday, March 29, 2009
Picture from detentionslip.org
Thank goodness for tags...this is long overdue.
Finish the sentence...
1. My ex is ...still alive. DAmmit!
2. Maybe I should...colour my greys.
3. I love...second-hand-bookstores.
4. People would say that I'm...vertically challenged.
5. I don't understand..people who can calculate in their heads. I hate them.
6. When I wake up in the morning...I hunt about for my alarm clock(s).That's right I have two of'em.
7. I lost...my favourite beige skirt two years back. Found it in the cupboard back home during the CNY break this year. I can't think how I ever thought it was a lovely skirt. *roll eyes*
8. Life is full of...possibilities if only we take some time to realise it.
9. My past...could have been more interesting. But The future is what's gonna be great
10. I get annoyed when... I wake up and the sun is already shining.
11. Parties are...fun only if you know more than 50% of the folks there. Parties with many strangers lurking about is tiring.
12. I wish...I wasn't such a hoarder.
13. Dogs...cute until they do a wee...and then they're not so cute.
14. Cats...hypocrites. They purr and purr when you have food.
15. Tomorrow...is Monday so I need to wear a new outfit to perk up the spirit.
16. I have a low tolerance... for fussy and demanding patients. They are the worst kind who test my patience. ( And they also tend to come to Monday clinics rather than Thursday clinics.)
17. If I had a million dollars...I would invest a little, donate a little, and employ a daily help.
18. I'm totally terrified...snakes. I staple magazines with snakes in them just to avoid flicking the page open accidentally. That's the extend of my phobia.
19. My spouse...is taking a long time coming to me. When this knight in shining armour comes, I'm gonna smack him real hard for taking his time.
20. My life...is filled with love. Thank you:)
I tag ANNA
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Saturday, March 21, 2009
And I found this article on Orphic Anthroposophy, which writes exactly what I want to read. Amazing:)
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Thanks for sharing with us this IMMENSELY entertaining post. I hope all those members of the secretariat read this piece and learn - then act like TRUE secretariats....the ones who treat us with a modicum of respect:)
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Image taken from QTW
2 Saturdays back, I had 3 loads of laundry to do. In fact I can tell you I made it into 2 loads. Under normal circs, this wouldn't have been a issue. Instead, I now know the shiny sequins on your clothes WILL snag whatever bits they fancy. ( Despite being in a special laundry bag)
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
I can't stop obsessing over the to-do-list every morning. It's hard to break a habit of 5 months. I'm obsessing over it because-well, because we're at work 10 hours a day and this qualifies as more than 50% of our waking hours. And the time we're THINKING about work? So I keep trying to stare down the list. Which brings us to the question why. To hear us working-folks tell it, you'ld think we're a little mental. I like to call it having a conscience:)
Despite a sagging world economy, Malaysians are a defiant bunch collectively. And this same bunch of people was seen (with their extended family) at Ikea last Sunday. How do I know this? Because I made a trip there and waded my way through push-prams, toddlers with sticky fingers, pregnant women ( who took up quite a bit of space) and sulky school-going children dragged reluctantly on this expedition to furniture-land by their parents. Everybody was out to SPEND SPEND SPEND!! I hardly think any other sane person would have bothered heading that direction after seeing the crowds at the entrance.
After a face-to-face meeting with what was to become my sole purchase from Ikea that afternoon, I hurried along ( wasn't that fast...impeded by humans ) and got to the exit. For those of us who are not brain surgeons, looking for stuff ( aisle number and such ) is probably the most complex weekend thing we do. A few minutes later, after developing a torticollis-like posture I gave-up and asked. Only to be told
"Maam, you should have asked the lady upstairs and order there BEFORE heading down here."
"But I'm here now, can't I just get it off you."
"The label says "contact staff for purchase and information" ...ma'aam.
So the tip of the year is " READ THE DAMM LABELS"
Monday, March 16, 2009
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Ths title is chosen from a booklet picked off the rack at the Gardens. From 16th Feb to 15th March you get discounts from ( most if not all ) bistros, restaurants, bakeries and restaurants. That's what it says. The trouble with reading stuff like that is it gnaws your gastric juices and you now become convinced you wouldn't be happy unless you're eating at least 5 goodies off that hateful booklet.