Friday, April 04, 2014
The intensity of Jodi Picoult 's books scares me. So I can only admit to ever reading one and a half of her books. Amanda Brooke's first book was a little bit like Picoult's writing but the emotions evoked were less so. And the effect was pleasing.( To me at least)
Having said that, this book is about knowing that you're dying.
Monday, March 31, 2014
|Picture taken from Math dyslexia|
The sudden interest is because we are now faced with counting for sight-reading. A major stumbling block with crochets ( not a problem) ...and those horrible dotted notes carrying a fraction of the original value. How do we ever get better?
French and Saunders! Need I say more? Married to the famous Lenny Henry( and now divorced) I loved her in the" Vicar of Dibley". And her sketches with Saunders i suspect is the initial start to fame. I am sure she is as witty as her character Geraldine Granger:)
On the reading list for 2014. We should really move away from Carole Matthews only for some variety really.
Still reading snippers on the ebook world via guternberg ....anything written by L.T. Mead:)
Wednesday, March 26, 2014
The picture shows many gorgeous square-lined notebooks found in a small shop selling loads of different stationary in Barcelona. Heaven!!! We found this by chance walking through the smaller anes off the main shopping area. We also found a shop selling owl-based porcelein clocks which looks nice. I bought a procelein replica of the Gaudi balcony. It's hanging on the wall currently.
Back to these notebooks......I wish we imported these to Malaysia. Surely I cannot be the only person in KL obsessed with writing ONLY in these type of notebooks.
Picture taken in Oct 2013
Sunday, March 23, 2014
Am proud to have been a bit more organized this time. I got my weddings presents and cards two weeks before the event. Yay!
But just look at the mess? It's hard to look for cards when its messed up like this. If you take the trouble to look at every single card you may just find the one you're looking for.
I arranged the cards in order before finding the card I wanted.
I have misplaced my notebook. Possibly it's somewhere in HDW. Because I've checked and its not in the ward. Boohoo!! Strangely not as upset as I should be. I think because I haven't written anything really important (yet) in the book.
If found...please return....(thanks)
A rare thing. Two friends getting married in two consecutive Saturdays. Yesterday was LS and MY's wedding dinner. My first visit to Eastin Hotel. I like the parking area because it felt safe. I like the food because it was tasty. And it was a lovely opportunity to see friends and colleagues outside the work place.The bride looked svelte ( size zero ) and pretty and happy.
Wednesday, March 19, 2014
And I just HAD to buy two in a color I've wanted for some time now.
The leather La cuir is cheaper in KL. ( Odd but true)
Tuesday, March 18, 2014
1. I'll start with Coffee Stain at Publika because that's the most recent haunt. Caffe Latte is nice. Been here 4 times.Once to have a takeaway ( which I felt wasn't so nice because once cold the coffee loses its charm) It was served in a canary hello mug the first time which was nice. But for some reason, it's now ( twice now) served in this black mug.
2. Coffee Societe also at Publika. Also good coffee. It's just a bit further to walk and there are usually not enough seating indoors and outdoors although nice you run the risk of being in the company of smokers.
3. SanFrancisco coffee. They make nice coffee. What I don't like is the venue. Small and the seats are too low so you'll have to sit ramrod straight. The outdoor seating faces Ben's which isn't too nice.
4. Artisan at Bangsar Village2. Again seating may be a problem. I sat at the long tall table on a stool. So you can imagine how uncomfortable that was. Coffee was nice. But I prefer Coffee Stain's latte.
5. The coffee place inside BIG is nice but the size of the coffee is small. And you get a big cold sitting there for coffee. And there really isn't much of a view unless you like watching people do their grocery shopping as you sip your coffee. ( hehe)
I've forgotten to mention the season of Lent. Which is what we're in currently.
Lent is more than fasting and abstinence. It is a call to live our lives the way God wants us to. As we enter this liturgical season of the church, we are invited to deepen our faith by self- examination, fasting and penance in preparation for Easter.
Sunday, March 16, 2014
|Picture taken at the Gardens Mall, KL|
|Thoughts and prayers from Malaysians|