Monday, July 03, 2006

Avillion Port Dickson

Sometimes I wish for a weekend to unwind. Have you ever looked forward to a trip, and then start doubting its ability to make you unwind...then regret you ever agreed to it...and then finally HAVE A LOVELY TIME. This is what I had this weekend.Post Dickson is a mere 1.5 hours away by car...bar traffic and if you hit the road at the average speed of 100km/hr. The roads of straight. Too straight it almost bores you to sleep. Avillion is apparently the best that they have in Negeri Sembilan. ( And it totally deserves this accolade ) ,

Because the beach is right under your nose, a walk on it is mandatory. Thankfully, I had the foresight to buy slippers ( psssst from BATA )and these saved me from haveing my poor feet attacked by them miniscule ( but eerily evil ) crabs. A swish-swoosh of the waves made me sleep like a baby. More pictures to follow. ( They were here earlier..but a slight slip of the fingers and they got deleted. Damm)


2 comments:

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Ouch! Those things scare me...

And I'm with you, the sound of waves puts me right to sleep; I once ended a bout of insomnia that was making me cuckoo after spending a week in a house on Lake Michigan; couldn't keep my eyes open the entire week!

edina monsoon said...

Those crabs were harmless..( I'm sure ) but I wasn't taking any chances..so I wore my flip flops into the sea.