Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Reading three books....at the one time

When bored, I recommend a quick trip to the nearest mall, whereby upon reaching destination you take a deep breath in and allow yourself the joy of both window shopping as well as actually spending an obscene amount of money. ( Preferably other people's ) Of course what is also high on the list of "how to enjoy self" is a visit to the bookstore. Second-hand bookstores are preferred, failing which TIME, KINOKUNIYA or MPH would substitute just as well and if absolutely desperate the local newsagent would be able to provide some trashy magazines to entertain self.

Two months back, I found a wonderful way to entertain self by reading two books within the same space of time. Last week, I've stretched myself to three books and they are....

1. A place called here. By Cecelia Ahern
2. The Yummy Mummies
3. Fanny and the monsters. By Penelope Lively.

It's all a little muddled and I especially enjoy reintroducing self to the respective characters in each book. Better than sudoku.

2 comments:

kenju said...

I always read 2 at the same time. I have one beside the bed and another I keep in the car. Whenever I am forced to wait for someone - or I eat lunch out by myself - I read. Sometimes it does take a minute or two to get back into it, but it is nice to have it available.

edina monsoon said...

Kenju: So nice to know I'm normal:) I've started on my 4th book today. Vince &Joy by Lisa Jewel. That's right...