Monday, May 14, 2007

Singapore's skyline


In addition to the a short trip to PD, I also spent three days in Singapore. ( Not in the same setting lest you think I do zero work in between ). The sequence of the pictures and anecdotes on blog...are hardly in chronologically order.


There is a stark difference between Singapore and Malaysia. A difference you realised just as you cross the causeway. This time around, I flew to Singapore, so the change wasn't half as drastic. I went for a talk...and managed to squeeze some obligatory ( but enjoyable ) meeting-the-family session. And as my obsession with books still play a major role in daily life, I walked ( in the rain mind!!) from Raffles City ( where the conference was ) to Brash Basah Shopping Complex, where they promised many second-hand bookstores to browse. I came home with 4 books. Two of which were Joanna Trollope's. A fruitful trip indeed. ( The conference wasn't too bad either )

No comments: