Monday, September 17, 2007

My dad..my hero


The violin has been fixed. My dad came over with a whole plastic bag of glue tins ( he 's obsessed with glue hoarding..and as of today I will no longer make fun of him ). He sat down by the window for natural light and ten minutes later...my violin has been glued back. There's loads of masking tape around it to be left there for 24 hours. I've played on it...( I suspect there is some difference in the tone ) But generally My mood has lifted somewhat.

4 comments:

Anna, Fair and True said...

Glad to hear it's been fixed! I'm sure it will sound perfect once you can play on it again!

dobbs said...

Great to hear that your Dad came to the rescue :)

Katrin said...

Thank heavens for skilled fathers. Good to hear it's almost back to normal again.

edina monsoon said...

Thank you girls:) I had my first lesson last night. *PHEW* the sound and tone remains the same. So I'm definitely sticking to the old faithful violin for now.