Monday, October 29, 2007

Layered cake..sarawak style


I developed a liking for Kek Lapis Sarawak a while back. It's not too sweet, and the plus point is, it looks very nice. The mechanics of making it makes it even more precious to have. There was a booth at Hartamas where you could order it for a price. And oh boy, what a price it was. For raya, two friends gave me kek lapis. Correction three friends gave me kek lapis. Thank you:) I certainly enjoyed eating it as much as wondering how many hours went into making this intricate cake.


ps apologies for not blogging. Have been diverted to facebook for a while. It's addictive. But I'm BACK

6 comments:

dobbs said...

Looks yummy! Is the texture different from the typical Indonesian layer cake? Appears more spongy and with ?pandan flavour? Beware it has lots of egg yolks in it. A friend used to make it, and it does take a lot of time and effort.

edina monsoon said...

dobbs: My mum makes yummy kek lapis. Tedious effort. I think the space between my buttocks and waist has expanded exponentially since raya. DAMM

just me said...

I love layered cakes too!

edina monsoon said...

Juet me: THINK of the number of eggs that go into making this cake. Calories!!!! No wonder it's yummy.

Anna, Fair and True said...

Look me up on Facebook!

edina monsoon said...

Anna: ooooHHH I shall certainly do that:)