Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Is this a fair deal?


What would you have done....if a friendly visitor Mr Cockroach paid you a visit during your dinner?? I shan't exaggerate so may I correct myself and say a weeny cockroach but still a COCKROACH nonetheless dropped from the ceiling ( I think ) or popped out of the plate ( which would have meant it was there throughout the first part of the meal..PUKE PUKE ). I pushed the chair back...and leaned away. The waiter came..and ( stoopidly I thought ) took the plate away after which time he just stood there looking. Thankfully a more senior person ( much more sensible ) decided to diffuse this potentially embarrasing situation. He swiftly directed us to a new table...apologies with just the right tone of voice and gave us new meals.
Of course the meal was spoilt. For me at least. Having to wait an additional 15 minutes while my burger was being cooked kind of took the edge of the hunger pangs. At the end of the meal, we got a 10% discount for not making a fuss. Is that the politically correct thing to do??

2 comments:

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Most managers around here would have apologized profusely and given you your meal for FREE, if not also gift certificates to encourage you to come back.

Yuck!

edina monsoon said...

gnightgirl: thanks:) I felt we were shortchanged that night. The last time a plate of carbonara was too salty...the owner gave me a free meal when I ate there again ( some weeks later)