Saturday, May 10, 2008

What I've been doing..


I now agree that shopping should be done on weekdays and not on weekends. And definitely not on any public holidays. The labour day outing ( meant strictly for meeting up and relaxation ) made me more tired and by the time I got back I felt all my energy had been sapped out of me throughout the day. Wading ( and nudging ) crowds of people just to get from point A ( toilet) to point B ( coffee bean ) took a good 5 minutes. And why must the management have very loud speakers for center stage performances?? Sound pollution!!!
What a difference heading to the shops on a Tuesday made.( or was it wednesday I forget now). We had meatballs at Ikea. Lining up for food and waiting for it to be dished out reminded me of canteen food in college. Hardly 20 people in the cafeteria and the atmosphere was definitely one of calm. No elbows were needed to nudge anyone.
Shopping on weekday = 2 thumbs up
Meatballs at Ikea = 2 thumbs up too

3 comments:

Anna, Fair and True said...

Meatballs with fries?! No! That's not the Swedish or the Ikea way! It's supposed to be boiled potatoes, gravy and lingonberry jam! :)

edina monsoon said...

We had gravy and the berry jam...but I opted for chips:) Cos the potatoes looked a bit difficult to manouver on the plate. YUMMIE

Anna, Fair and True said...

Okay, but next time you have to do it the real way! :)