Saturday, June 28, 2008

Hajime Restaurant

They look very exotic. My previous experience with anything remotely like this had me chewing through the seaweed wrap. So this was different. Minimal chewing and a burst of something crunchy hits your palate just at the right time. I would recommend this to anyone who has friends who pooh pooh Japanese food. It's a good ploy to get them to at least agree that Japanese food can be delicious.

On a side note, the wasabi ice-cream would be a sure way of reinforcing negative perception. So stay away from it.

4 comments:

fibrate said...

I love them rolls too, but I'd rather savour them in the privacy of my own home. I can never seem to chew the seaweed off and end up stuffing the whole piece into my mouth (or risk having the rice drop out). Not a pretty sight :)

edina monsoon said...

Well then these rolls would be perfect if you ever want to eat with friends...and still appear to have good table manners

SYUKS said...

can i try the wasabi ice cream... u belanja can la ????

edina monsoon said...

believe me. syukur it tastes TERRIBLE plus it's pricey. So no You're not getting any