Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Bangs or fringe


We've all done this before, do things we regret. Haven't had this experience in a while, so I've forgotten the feeling. And now that I'm experiencing it, I don't fancy it very much. Got myself a fringe this evening at the local shop. It wasn't planned. ( Subconsciously maybe...perhaps ) Immediately after it was cut, and I saw the ends standing UP rather than falling across the forehead gently, there was a moment of disbelief. The lady responsible for it failed to see the dismay. She seemed in fact, pleased with the result. All this talk about a wide forehead and the bangs softening the effect and bringing out the shape of the face...pah...it only works if the bangs actually fall across the forehead. Mine's pretty much like an up-turned broom. I forsee having to spend an extra 10 minutes each morning pining the bangs back to return to some form of normality. I return to work tomorrow...with gravity-defying-bangs.

7 comments:

Anna, Fair and True said...

Cool new look!

letti said...

hi, thanks for dropping by. Fringes ARE sensitive issues for sure. This isn't much of a consolation, but it WILL grow back out. *easy for me to say, right?* :) Hang in there.

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Wow, great new blog template!

Like Letti said, it will grow out...Ok, it took me a year to grow out my world's worst haircut, but I'm sure yours isn't that bad! ;-)

Call it a "fashion statement"

edina monsoon said...

anna: You should see it before saying it's cool:) Unless you're a teeny bopper! haha

Letti: Now why didn't anyone tell me this BEFORE I cut the fringe. *hanging in there*

gnightgirl: Thanks. It's a little overpowering what with the flowers and green background. But I thought..some colour for the the year. Okay I'm gonna think of ways to deal with my 'fashion statement" this evening. All ideas welcomed

Anna, Fair and True said...

I meant the new blog look but anyhow... :)
But glad to hear you're starting to like your fringe!

Anonymous said...

Bangs take years off any woman! I've had them since my hairstylist in Kuching had this vision of me as a cute Korean chick. He gave me blond streaks and asymmetrical bangs! I've had more normal-looking ones since then :)

edina monsoon said...

anna: Well then a delayed "THANK YOU" for the positive remak re blog's new look. My brother says it's GARISH:P

Fibrate: well then...if that doesn't make me LOVE my bangs nothing else will. Just exactly how many years does it take off a woman's age...and if it's assymetrical..the magic still works ..yes?