Monday, March 09, 2009

Wonky internet connection


The streamyx has been acting up. Although I blamed the lightning zapping the modem initially. This led ( not surprisingly ) to a purchase of a new modem yesterday afternoon. It took me about half an hour to get the modem hooked and to realise the problem still was not solved. And there was no chance of getting on line any time in the future. I could have wept with rage. Whenever there is an academic reason to get on line....( and this HAS happened before ) the net shuts me out. My father who was visiting, looked a little mad at this stage...and together we proceeded to try various permutations; yellow wire, blue wire, my laptop, his laptop, my desktop.


Our tempers had slackened by which time, by some trick of fate, we discovered an odd method of linking to the net, wireless with a wired line snook into the modem as well. How's that for ingenuity? Of course, the darn thing didn't work even with that. But just a couple of minutes ago, I finally got on line...( and able to surf the net...with no limited connection.)

No comments: