Sunday, April 05, 2009

Spanish Dance

This was taken in the Dewan Philharmonic Petronas ....going against the rule " no photography allowed". I could not resist. ( Please don't judge me) The lady to my right attempted one shot with her handphone after she saw me brazenly taking this shot. She and her date left after 10 minutes of the show. I'm going to tell you why in a minute.
A group of us watched this Spanish Dance performance last Wednesday. There were 7 of them altogether. 3 women and the rest men. It started with a marlon-brando body habitus man in unkempt hair-do yodelling away. All this time, a single ( slightly overweight dare I add ) lady attempted some clicking of heels intermittently. They kept saying "ah-lay" from time to time. Not in unison..but one after another, which made it seemed unrehearsed. I felt sorry for them the first few minutes. Of course much later in the programme, I realised this was all intentional.

The programme consisted of dancing ( never in unison) and the men got away lightly. Their role apparently was to sing ( marlon brando man ) click his heels ( adrien brody body habitus but certainly not nearly as good-looking ) and playing the guitar. One other guys was the "ah-lay" man. And they ALL clapped...a few nanoseconds apart...so you can this effect of rumbling clapping with a low droning conversation in the background.

I will sound mean when I say this, the ladies were rotund. ( possibly in girdles ) And one change of outfits saw two of them in pokka-dotted monstrosities. ( Don't you wish I had taken a picture now...?)

2 comments:

fibrate said...

Hilarious :) Did you have to fork put a lot for the show?

edina monsoon said...

fibrate: RM99. Certainly an night to remember for years to come. Any regrets. Not much. Cos I had good company that night.