Friday, July 31, 2009

Look what I found....

The prequel to Anne of Green Gables....found it in the local TIME bookstore. I've seen it before in another bookstore...where I don't qualify for 10% discount. So on this counter...are the 4 things I brought home with me this evening. The book, the errrrm hershey's chocolate and the two potted plants:) The plants have wilted. I think being in an air-conditioned environment didn't suit them one bit. That and the fact I clean forgot to water them...so they ( hopefully) have been brought home...in the hope of palming them off onto mum.( who has decidedly greener fingers than I).

Today was exceptionally speedy. Only because not one single minute of the working day was spent in idle tasks. But as a result, my entire body feels lethargic. And I'm sluggish. And it's not H1N1....

2 comments:

Anna, Fair and True said...

By the same author?? Is it about the orphonage? Because she was in one, right?

edina monsoon said...

Not the same author, this person did a lot of research and got permission from the heirs of L.M.Montgomery ( the original author) to read the manuscripts of the "anne" books before she wrote this. It's pretty damm good. I certainly enjoyed it a lot. And shed a few tears too.