Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Read this....



Ms Moriarty writes in a fluid manner with minimal pauses. She manages to keep her readers wanting more as we read on and on. I finished " Keeping it in the family" two days back. I'm not good at writing reviews  so I won't . At random, I'll just list the things I like about this book. The irish names Niamh, Nuala, Siobhan....the Danny Boy doorbell, speaking gaelic despite not being understood , the Ceili....! It's every father's worst nightmare; your child announces she's going out with a black older agnostic.  Moriarty is as sharp as can be in the workings of the human heart.  Current book is Agatha Christie's Mary Westmacott novel entitled " Unfinished potrait". Am at page 175. This is a different book from her usual whodunnit fare. A serious novel with nobody dying ( nobody being killed I mean ). The pace is decidedly adante and the mood one of sombreness.  I'm liking it so far. What is next? "French Kissing" by Catherine Sanderson. You may remember, Ms Sanderson allowed me to believe that nice things happen unexpectedly, when she ( BRILLIANT kind soul ) sent me an autographed copy of her first book "Petitie Anglaise" in the post. It's so amazing I have to tell just about anyone who is kind enough to want to listen to be jabbering on. Gosh I wish I could write half as well as these folks...it's a gift.

No comments: