Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Rough guide to surviving MOnday



1. Sleep early the night before. Do not, I repeat do not assume you can get by with less than 8 hours sleep. You're not a teeny bopper teenager any more. Live with it

2. Chant to yourself ( softly if you're taking public transport, as loud as you want if like me you drive alone) the mantra is " Don't think, just do". This is the time, when the depressive thoughts start popping in and out of your mind. Fight it!!!

3. Smile, even though you feel like death itself. It makes a difference. Your dark mood would have moved up a notch or two by the 5 th smile you bestow. ( Do not smile at your enemies, this will make you come across as a flaky individual, do however, maintain a slightly less aloof manner when in contact.)

4. Think happy thoughts. If that means thinking of your best enemy's toes rotting. So be it.

5. Set a target to head home on time and even if you have the usual euphoric drive from having survived Monday, please head home to get your rest. It is after all, the start of the working week.

I had a very productive and good Monday. ( Today wasn't so good )

Picture from theresa thomson's photostream

2 comments:

Anna, Fair and True said...

Did you make up the list yourself? I agree with you on the sleep point especially. Although I don't really follow it...

edina monsoon said...

Yes I did...in one moment of total boredom and frustration:) It's been sooo hectic a week I didn't know whether I was coming or going. Aaargh