Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Maxis conquers it all....


iPhone 3GS by Maxis, originally uploaded by haniph.

I thought buying an iphone would be a piece of cake once you get to gripes with the idea of forking out slightly over two thousand ringgit for a phone. It most certainly is NOT! I may have vaguely been aware of this fact before but now I'm FULLY aware that Maxis has the sole power of shipping them iphones onto Malaysian shores and we get the privilege of owning an iphone only if we use MAXIS. A huge problem on my part. I need to get used to the idea that the iphone for all intense and purposes belongs to Maxis and not APPLE. ( It's a bit like saying the grass is actually blue rather than green.) I'll come to terms with this mid 2010. In the meantime, whilst my head spins, I shall have to reconsider my decision. A little bird reminded me that perhaps a newer Iphone may hit the market mid 2010 and maybe Maxis will allow folks to just buy the darn phone minus any contract. Just one small problem, I would like an iphone now, and not in  mid 2010. I cannot wait.

2 comments:

Anna, Fair and True said...

I Maxis the only provider you mean? We can choose from several but in the very beginning there was only one, Telia (BT equivalent).

Anyway, I didn't know you were getting one too!!

edina monsoon said...

Yes Maxis is THE only provider. Boohoo. ( I was planning to get one.) Still sitting on the fence. The man at apple store told me to hang on for a couple more months and there may be a new version. ( When that happens, maxis may sell just the phone without any contract) Decisions decisions!