Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Boys over Flowers


Kissing Star, originally uploaded by ★.stellar.★.
So this is what I've learnt from the net. BOF is based on the japanese comic manga written by Yoko Kamio. " Hana Yori Dango"is taken from a famous Japanese expression "dumplings over flowers" which refers to people who attend Hanami, who head for the vendor booths selling food rather than enjoy the beauty of the flowers. So that explains the rather bizarre title and dare I say bad grammar. It bugged me quite a bit. So I'm glad I got that sorted out in my head.

The Korean version was aired from March 2009 to May 2009 with a total of 25 episodes. ( Includes an extra one ) I got my DVD set three weeks back.( So now you know how outdated my korean drama selections are)

Because the original line is targeted to high school girls we shouldn't cringe at the cheesy story line. You may wonder what the picture is about: It's a token of love from Gu Jun Pyo to Geum Jan Di called the " Kissing Star".

No comments: