Friday, May 04, 2012

Interesting shop fronts! ( Melaka..!)

Nice doors!
These pictures are shops along the way along Jonker street which really should be pedestranized on weekends. The road is very narrow and even walking single-file you feel very close to death when a car comes whizzing pass you.
A bit of greenery 
 I kept AJ back a bit because I was either busy updating my status on foursquare ( the novelty of getting a data package after simply ages shows ) or taking pictures of anything remotely exciting.
Old tiles...if only they could tell their story...
These tiles are nice and faded. Worn down by how many hundreds of feet spanning a few decades.
Protecting self against the HOT scorching sun
AJ took this picture. the umbrella is actually a dead-boring grey with red insides which shows up VERY well in this picture. You can only guess how awfully warm I must be feeling ...with jeans and a shirt rather than shorts and a loose top. I slathered ( 3 X in total) SPF on my face to ward off the freckles and (gasp) pigmentation. I'm carrying my latest longchamp.

2 comments:

fibrate said...

Yes, lots of interesting facades in Jonker Street, but the heat almost always turns me into a sullen girl :)

edina monsoon said...

I think the sun shines brighter and hotter in Melaka!! I beared the heat well...amazing what spending money and feasting your eyes on interesting goodies can do ...