Wednesday, April 03, 2013
Saigon Opera House
1. Turn left ( from hotel lobby_ walk straight on until Park Hyatt hotel
2. Then turn right and walk on and you will eventually reach the market.
( Estimated time 20 minutes- minus multiple stops for photo-taking and popping into every other shop to browse and bargain)
Here's what I found on the net.
1. It is also known as Municipal Theatre of Ho Chin Minh. Like the City Hall it is an example of French colonial architecture. Designed by french architect Ferret Eugene
2. The facade is similar to a building in France known as Petiti Palais which was built in the same year
3. It has three stories and can seat 1 800 people.
4. Some of the decorations, engravings and statues have been removed in an attempt to make it look more modern.
5. You get a good view from Caravelle hotel
My picture doesn't do justice to the building. I do however like the woman with a face mask on the motorcycle buzzing pass. Traffic is busy around this building and you can easily walk pass without being too bothered with this.