Thursday, April 04, 2013

The Majestic Hotel Saigon


The Majestic Hotel Saigon, originally uploaded by andreaban2009.
The Majestic Hotel is a 5 star hotel with lovely french architecture and a strategic place facing the Saigon river. It has a 175 guest rooms. It was built for a chinese-vietnamese man called Huibon Hua. The original number of rooms was 44 guestrooms. I don't have a picture from the front with the lights. This picture was taken after dinner. ( Pho and rice paper wrap of course) Which explains why the picture isn't artistically better. It has a very elegant feel. I hope you can appreciate this from my photo. As we walked, we could see the swish of water and see the ferries. We were told the ferry ride wasn't worth the money because you are served mediocre food.

The hotel was built in 1925 and is located at number 1 Dong Khoi Street District 1. ( A lot of number I(s) in the address very good Feng Shui. I wonder whether the Vietnamese are big fans of this. Just a little note, we have our own Majestic Hotel right here in Kuala Lumpur. I'll be attending a lung cancer talk this Sunday. Can't wait to see the inside. I read somewhere they refurbished it.

No comments: