Friday, January 10, 2014

Just completed


This is a good book. I bought it before Christmas but only started reading it in 2014. It has a little bit of Binchey qualities in it; the characters Sam, and Hope are sisters who are different and the story switches from one to the other. There are also two other characters Virgina who is a recent widow and  Nicole who lives with her mum,sister and has an interfering(?) grannie .

Each story moves you differently. And you find yourself cheering each person on separately. And I was just as happy to move from one character to the other. The end is a good one. ( Important for me). A mark of a good book is...I feel a little sad when I finish the last page.

Cathy kelly is Irish. (they are good story tellers) She was born in Belfast but grew up in Dublin. She started out as a journalist and worked for the Sunday World, but she eventually moved on to writing. books Her first was Woman to woman, written in 1997. And as her career as an author took off, she eventually left the journalism world in 2001. Kelly lives in Enniskerry, Co Wicklow. ( No I don't believe I've been to that part of Ireland before)

Her twitter account is @cathykellybooks and her Facebook page is CathyKelly.com.

No comments: