Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Tonkatsu (トンカツ?)

The set menu: Fried pork fillet with loads of radish, multigrain rice and miso soup
We had tonkatsu dinner this evening. A first experience and finally I can proudly say I've eaten here. You may ask; what is tonkatsu? Well, from the name you may have guessed it's a Japanese dish. ( top marks there). It's a dish made out of deep fried breaded pork loin or fillet. It is served with shredded cabbage and originated back in the 19th century. We were served like so in a set. I hardly touched the multigrain rice choosing instead to concentrate on the healthier option of cabbage. Which I drenched in a sesame-like sauce which tasted very nice. The sauce came in a ketchup-like-squeezing bottle so I literally drowned my cabbage in sesame sauce.

I only have one decent picture to show. Too busy chatting and eating I forgot to take pictures. ( Which is a new experience for me )

Service: 7/10
Food: 7.5/10


Tonkatsu by Ma Maison @ Publika (Above Daiso)
Lot 56 & 57, Level UG,
Publika, Solaris Dutamas, KL
Tel: 03 6211 9399

No comments: