Saturday, May 26, 2018

San Diego

San Diego
Lovely afternoon in San Diego overlooking the bay

Hello from San Diego. Well I'm back to KL now so all this blogging is retrospectively capturing the emotions of that day.  This was my first trip to the States. A long journey which started with applying for a visa. A tip for first timers, it is not difficult but it does take time. (I'll blog separately on the experience) 

In the meantime, please admire the gorgeous view I had for a week when I stayed at Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego, level 26. Wow! A special thank you to the lady at the counter when I checked in, she asked whether I would sacrifice a king size bed for a smaller room with a view. Of course I would. And this was what I got.

I read that May is meant to be dull and gloomy. So this picture doesn't represent what most of the days were like for me. But as I like gloomy weather I enjoyed the gloom quite a lot. 

To the left of the picture is a row of hotels, Manchester Grand Hyatt, Mariott, The convention centre and finally Hotel Hilton. To the right of the picture is Coronado. And the bridge linking this is Coronado Bridge. ( just to clarify, Coronado is a peninsular and not and island)

The reason why the bridge is shaped like a dome, is to accommodate the height of the naval ships as San Diego is a naval base.

No comments: