Sunday, October 16, 2005

I wouldn't mind having this for lunch


Nasi lemak is a staple breakfast for most folks who don't give a hoot re expanding waistlines and clogged arteries. The bookstore called affectionately "Ko-op" sells a mean-nasi lemak. And I've been tempted loads of times from the path of righteousness and promptly hopped onto the path of gluttony. The rice needs to be fluffy with just a suggestion of coconut milk. The The egg needs to be compressible and the yolk a soft yellow. The cucumber bits they stash with it has to be crunchy and 2 mm thick. Anything less would be deemed floppy. The sambal , would be a mixture of tastes. I prefer mine to be spicy and sweet with loads of shallots in them. Oh dear , I 'm in the mood for nasi lemak now. Dammit.

5 comments:

3e said...

Love the way you describe this...I'm drooling.....

edina monsoon said...

I crave no more. Quenched my need for it this monday. *beam*

Anna, Fair and True said...

Three blogs and all up-to-date! I'm impressed! But if I just have time to read one, which one should I choose?

edina monsoon said...

Anna:This one! This one! the rest are all guided by mood and you know how UNpredictable that can be .

The Aunt said...

That looks so much better than what I ate for lunch... and so much healthier too.