Sunday, November 27, 2005

Love Actually....


My favourite scene is the part....where the mother says..."eight is a lot of legs David " in a cockney accent. Makes me laugh each and every time I hear that line. Would you believe I saw the movie twice in the one day? The DVD has since lost itself in the graveyard of DVDs. We're not famed for being organized as a general rule. What I did today, to rectify the problem was to go out and purchase the soundtrack of "Love Actually". As I still harbour a secret hope the DVD would actually re-appear ...I didn't see the point having two copies.

Right after I finish this current CD ( Double Take....) I'm going to pop in the soundtrack and enjoy.

5 comments:

Fred said...

That is a pretty funny line. When I lived in the U.K., if those with a cockney accent talked fast, I coould barely understand them. But then, they couldn't understand me, either.

edina monsoon said...

Hahaha:) There's always sign language to fall back on I guess.

Anna, Fair and True said...

Saw another Hugh Grant movie the other day, About a Boy (2nd time I watch it though 2 years in between). On the one hand it's a bit boring that he always plays the same kinf of character but on the other hand, quite safe and secure and gives you a homey feeling.

edina monsoon said...

Didn't enjoy "about a boy" as much as I should. Have you watched "two weeks notice" ?? That's HILARIOUS. Grant being his usual floppish annoying self. You're right anna...it seems to be the most fitting role for him.

Anna, Fair and True said...

Yeah, I have seen "Two Weeks' Notice" at least twice. And he's more the usual character in that one than in "About a Boy". But "Love Actually" is such a better movie. "Notting Hill" is kind of silly if you think about it. I just like it because I used to live there and buy fruits from that shouting guy in Portobello Road.