Thursday, November 03, 2005

We walk...like we drive.

Today is Hari Raya Eve, a day where the workplace is eerily devoid of humans...and getting a parking spot isn't a problem at all. I left way before the designated politically correct time to to so and made my way to KLCC. ( yes again! ) I believe it is a sign of maturity.....what other explanation can there be for justifying leaving work early to shop?? As expected...( I never learn do I )KLCC was the full of last-minute shoppers.

I've only just realised that people walk very much like they drive. Some more polite ones...especially the ones coming towards you in the opposite direction would look up, register that there is on coming traffic and politely steer self away. Other more daring ones would register...but walk stubbornly in your path, forcing you to move away and in the process get into some other person's path igniting wrath there. Others bursts into your path without so much as a look prompting you to side-step at the very last minute so as to avoid them entering your body buffer zone.

And then there are the folks who insist on holding hands...and walking through you...leaving you two obvious choices...break the chain...or move 3 steps to the side. *shake head* As in driving...where bigger cars win....people with higher BMI and baby strollers win. You'ld be stupid to assume you can walk though a baby stroller unscatched. Very stupid in fact.

I would like to wish everyone a very happy "Selamat Hari Raya Puasa".

7 comments:

Jimbo said...

Unfair unfair! How can u be free to shop while i slog in the a&e? U arent even a muslim! :-) Life isnt fair, but then again, who says it is! Anyway, i do enjoy reading your blog. Will start my own after the exams...but then again, it may not be rated 'U'! Too much scandal for public consumption! Hope u had a great day shopping. Bought anything? Cheers!

3e said...

Glad that you have time to indulge in some retail therapy.

edina monsoon said...

Jimbo: I was punished appropriately the following day...so stop shouting out "unfair!!"Bought Famous Amos cookies...another trashy mag, dewberry shower gel from body shop ( gosh I smell good now ) and had tea at Dome.

Intan @ mama ammar said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Intan @ mama ammar said...

Edina, you were in my dream! Check this out.

edina monsoon said...

Kirana: That's both scary and odd. My dreams so far have featured me finding the pufff-fect pair of sandals only to wake up when I start fumbling for the credit card to pay and find the purse devoid of cash and card. That's normally the moment when I wake up in cold sweat and palpitations.

The Aunt said...

I was shopping the other day and found a Lush shop (they sell amazing bath products).

I walked into it with a purse containing over USD$100 and left with a purse containing... well... I went straight to an ATM for more cash.

I am ashamed of self but yes, I do indeed smell very very pretty.