Sunday, October 30, 2005

A hectic week


The festive season is looming ahead. This is the last weekend before Hari Raya Puasa, and so practically anyone and everyone is out with full force, spending an obscene amount of money. While others are relegated to the sidelines...merely observing. Roads to avoid would be....any road leading to the city center of particular note would be the infamous Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman.....this would be a good time to experiment with public transport. Friday evening traffic was bad. My yearning for a good meal led me to KLCC. I certainly did not enjoy the drive there nor the gloomy wait for a parking sport. Neither did I enjoy waiting for the friend to arrive for dinner. I had to dodge people as I walked towards the escalator and even having a cuppa was marred by the keen smoker positioned behind me. I decided to take a picture of KLCC....without any human life-form. ( picture above)

For the sake of completeness ...I should like to say my trip wasn't totally tinged with gloom. I bought three magazines. Two trashy mags with no intellectual stimulation whatsoever ( they're the best ones really aren't they?) and one boringly factual magazine which featured "bird flu...is there going to be a pandemic?" Couldn't resist such a title.

7 comments:

TLP said...

I just LOVE your blog! I must remember to come back here more. So interesting. Thanks.

3e said...

Is there going to be a pandemic?

The Aunt said...

Yes, but what did you EAT?

edina monsoon said...

tan lucy pez: THANKS :)

nza: absolutely spot on. KLCC minus the crowd is a lovely place. But crawling with people...it loses its charm pretty fast.

Lasez: it's very possible. I'm reading this for a possible viva session. Will keep you informed.

Aunty marianne: *ahem* I was attempting to write an entry without the mention of food. Wouldn't want to seem overly concern with FOOD. But since you asked..( thank you ) I have sundanese food...which I believe is Indonesian. The food was spicey just the way I like it but the portions meagre. So I don't think I'll be returning very soon.

Fred said...

I love trashy magazines. Time one minute, THe Enquirer the next. Gotta love it!

The Aunt said...

I hate restaurants who are stingy with the portions. We have a saying in Dorset. "Ee sits three inches away from the table, my dear, and when 'ee touches, 'ee knows 'ee's had enough". So we have no truck with stingy restauranteurs and run them out of the county by chasing them with pig's bladders on the ends of sticks.

edina monsoon said...

Fred: close enuff guess...it was a combination of newsweek and woman's day. Hah:) Loved reading THEM both