Wednesday, August 30, 2006

We celebrated a wedding of a dear friend on Sunday.The theme was blue and from afar, as we walked towards the canopies, I spotted the blue and white theme. The wedding group was also appropriately decked up in the same colour theme. They wore similar batik pattern clothes . After the obligatory smiles and nods to unfamilliar faces, we were edged towards a sweet-looking girl, who introduced herself as the groom's sister.What a relief, we cheerfully relieved ourself of the wedding gift which at this time had started to feel heavier by the minute. No time was wasted as we made a bee-line for the food section. Impeccable timing, the wedding couple arrived as we finished our lunch. The emcee announced the arrival and we were then greeted with the deafening ( yet strangely soothing ) sound of the kompang. Congratulations:) Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anna, Fair and True said...

I just realised I don't know your real name..I assume it isn't Edina Monsoon! ;)

Jimbo said...

anna, of course her real name isn't edina monsoon. :-) Her real name is....
edina, why you changed the pic (and unceremoniously deleted my previous comment?) "How wuud!" as Ja Ja Bink would say. I reckoned that the persons gettting married requested that their pics be removed. Right? I had no such problem on my side...mainly because he didn't know. Heh heh!!!

edina monsoon said...

anna: It isn't. I pinched the name off a character from Absolutely fabulous.

jimbo: HAHAHA. sorry didn't realise your comment would be deleted. An oversight on my part. I apologise.

edina monsoon said...

Jimbo: I did it just to check that your actually READ my blog daily. Point proven. I'm deeply touched.

Anna, Fair and True said...

Yeah, I know the Absolutely Fabulous characters so that's why I asked :)

edina monsoon said...

anna: I would like to think I'm a little like eddie...all "sweetie...sweetie" like and funny at the same time.