Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Books to devour




I went a little mad on Sunday. MPH was having its member's only sale. And guess what?? They had three titles of Ms Read at the chic lit section. Have you ever walked up to a section with no expectations..and yet hoping secretly to find that elusive book? ( in this case books...) Try and imagine this and you may well experience the elation.




Books that I'm reading


1. Harry Potter..( stuck there for months.)

2. Second Time Lucky by Sophie King. ( almost done..should be finishing this evening )

3. A wedding in December by Anita Shreve ( totally out of character to buy such a book, but nonetheless a pleasing surprise...aim to finish by the end of this week.)

4.Georgy Girl by Margaret Forster. ( once again a lucky find..at TIMES the pavillion )


The memory keeper's daughter ....is a book which I've been contemplating reading for months. I've stood at POPULAR bookstore reading the first half of the first chapter. So when I'm done with all the above books...( or maybe even before..) I shall read that.

4 comments:

TLP said...

Those books sound interesting. Will you do a review of any of them? I like to know a bit about books before I get them.

edina monsoon said...

tlp: That's definitely an idea. I'll do that. Am reading Edna O'brien's "The Country Girls" . Started this morning. Aim to finish by the end of the book.227 pages in total.

fibrate said...

I love Grimm's fairy tales! Still trying to find a hardcover version with whimsical illustrations I had when I was a child. For now though will have to be content with a penguin paperback! :(

edina monsoon said...

Fibrate: Ok confession. The Grimm's fairy tale isn't mine. I added it to the pile to look good. It's my dad's choice.....a trip down memory lane for him.HAHA