Friday, October 03, 2008

Little luxuries in life..




There is a reason to feel euphoric today. After just one working day we are thrown headlong into the weekend. And it rained which made it seem even more like a day to indulge self in something nice. Food was out. There is only THAT much of good food you can stuff into your stomach in less than 48 hours. And unlike cows, we've been short-changed with only ONE stomach. A nice buff , a pink-glow peppermint and lavendar scrub later..and I have nice shiny nails with a touch of pink to call my own. The holiday spirit made me chatty, so Phoebe ( not her real name ) and i chatted while she buffed my nails. She thought me some tagalog and I taught her some Malay. Barter system...
Now comes the hard part...it takes a full 24 hours for the nails to dry properly. In the meantime I'm handicapped. Hair washing post-poned to tomorrow, typing on the laptop with the pulps of my fingers is harder than I thought...plus doing just about anything is hard. I want to keep the shiny nails as shiny for as long as I can you see. Is that too much to ask?

,

7 comments:

fibrate said...

Oooh, pretty! Those nails would never last more than a day on me.

edina monsoon said...

well my middle finger on the left hand has lost its shine somewhat..and the right thumb 's nail edge is a little rough ....got that way when I tried to ply open the SD card from the digital cam. Gosh I never knew I was that rough.

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

why does it take 24 hours? Is that true of every manicure?!

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Oh, and they look beautiful, I forgot to say.

edina monsoon said...

gnighgirl: Dunno, the girl at the manicure place said it takes 24 hours to dry at ALL levels. It's day 3....today and my nails still look GOOD. Thanks for saying so too.

Shah said...

One of the things that make me glad I'm a guy - can just simply clip my nails with some blunt RM1 nail clipper and not worry about the rough edges hehehehe...

edina monsoon said...

shah: Aiyoh!! I just saw a guy in the same shop having a pedicure:) So THERE