Saturday, March 21, 2009

The wrong sort of fingers

Photo of my fingers hard at it on a different instrument.
What a dreadful situation. My second finger being that bit longer than the average has made it impossible for the 4th finger to anchor down whilst playing. This is going to make it extraordinarily difficult to become a superb violinist let alone a violinist who can play 5th position at ease.Short fingers have plagued violinist for centuries( surely.) The violin-teacher and I sat back for a bit this evening, whilst we pondered my fingers. ( At least I'm sure I did....the Teacher, perhaps could have been thinking about dinner)
You cannot change the cards you're dealt with.

And I found this article on Orphic Anthroposophy, which writes exactly what I want to read. Amazing:)

No comments: