Friday, December 17, 2010

Additional reading material this christmas break...

Nice cover...now let's hope it doesn't disappoint.
I'm not sure about this book. It's a selection of short stories and I've read the first 3 in one seating whilst having dinner two evenings back. I think the build-up of the stories is good but there's something not quite right with some of the endings which leaves you feeling like you've yet to hear the punch line of a joke. Archer's last book " Paths of glory" was brilliant. Enjoyed it so much I reread some bits directlt after I finished the book. I'm pretty sure this won't happen with this latest novel. More to come...in the meantime...I shall immerse self in the antics of Mrs Ames and Mrs Evans.


This is the last working day for 2010 for me:) 

4 comments:

Haris Abdul Rahman said...

What? You're saying that you are off until the new year? Scandelous!

edina monsoon said...

yes you READ correctly. I shan't be working until 2011. Careful...you may just remain green (from envy) if the level goes up too hight. *laugh*

yoong khean said...

I think I've read all the Archer's books. Yes, I am a sucker for books written by ex-criminals hehe. I particularly enjoyed Kane & Abel, Sons of Fortune and As The Crow Flies. All of which I have hehe

:)

edina monsoon said...

aaaaa:) BTW scrabble tournament bila?