Saturday, August 06, 2011

Penang!

We saw quite a bit of these houses. 
 We decided to detour for a spot of shopping. Now detours only work well if you're savvy with the roads. If you're not ...this is what happens. You see scenary of houses not on the main road. No complains. I betcha these houses are worth a fair bit. Land is scarce in Penang like Hongkong, Singapore and er Kuala Lumpur.
Brings back memories of yesteryears
I love this shot. It's like being transported back to the eh 80s.
I want to own one of these.
 As for these houses, they're reminiscent of the colonial days. I want!
Found the shop after many twists and turns
 We loaded ourselves with a few boxes and off we went to the airport
Bought a mandatory Penang T-shirt
Found an Owen Rebecca T-shirt at the airport. I liked it so much I bought two!

Displayed at Penang International Airport
 These rather eekie coasters were on sale and you'll be hard pressed to find somebody willing to part with some money to actually buy one of them/ Buck ugly!
Up for refurishment. Can't wait
 The airport had sections which were closed. I can't wait for the new and improved airport to be up and running. What's taking so long???
Goodies to eat
Some local goodies to bring home perhaps? Nah by which time I was just aching to head home back to my own apartment. It has been a tiring 2 days. I'm no jet-setter.

No comments: