Friday, September 21, 2012

Wiener Riesenrad

Praterstetn station where you exit
 I decided I would see this giant ferris wheel ( Wiener Risenrad) for myself. The night before enroute back in the taxi I saw it all lit up. I consulted the internet re tube stations to get off and this was it.
It looks small from a distance
 Was a little bit disappointed with the sheer size until I realised (duh) that it was further away than what I thought. Quite a bit of traffic mostly folks heading to work. I chose to take pictures from a distance and re-think my possible night visit for a better experience. ( I finally ended up attending the opera instead so no Riesenrad ride for me )
Clear signs!
 What I love about travelling on the tube in Vienna, the signs are so clear that you almost feel you're local and know where to go without hesitation. (Smug look) I stayed along linie U1 which conveniently leads you directly to Stephansdom:)
Caught this outside Praterstern station
Here's a lovely sight. Caught when I forgot to switch the zoom mode off my G10. The kid looks nice and snug in his seat. And mummy is making sure the helmet is fixed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, i think that i saw you visited my site so i came to
“return the favor”.I'm attempting to find things
to enhance my site!I suppose its ok to use some of your ideas!!


Look into my website visit this website, http://www.iamsport.org/pg/blog/grahamoddi,