This is located 3 blocks away from Casa Batllo...still along the Passieg de Gracia. It is built in an assymetrical corner lot and was completed in 1912. It was declared a UNESCO world heritage site in 1984 and currently is the headquarters of the Fundacio Catalunya-Le Pedrera. It is a modernista building with the exterior having a rough appearance therefore earning the nickname " The Quarry". Le Pedrera is the 4th and final work of Antoni Gaudi along the Passieg de Gracia.It was comissioned by an industrialist named Pere Mila as a family home but with apartments to rent.
Passieg De Gracia was previously known as Cami de Jesus it used to be an unpaved road but as time progressed, it became a sign of expansion of the city linking the Old Barcelona (La Cintat Vella) to the town known as Gracia ( in the North).