Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Techno-phobic

There's a valid reason for the great silence on my part the last few days. The wireless-internet at my place decided to misbehave. This after some months of faultless service. It started off by acting wonky, annoyingly picking up the wireless broadband service of the neighbour instead of my own. It then decided to vex me further by refusing to connect completely and finally I decided to lug wirelss router plus laptop to the shop to have this hiccup sorted out.

As of yesterday, the laptop connects no problem but the desktop refuses ....it's IP address ( doesn't it sound savvy when I say things like that?) looks odd and the router refuses to allow me access. I spent a good part of yesterday night stubbornly accessing it in different permutations. Finally gave up after 3 hours and went to bed moodily. If we do get reincarnated, I would at least like to come back with some IT skills in hand. Very handy. And a good week to you readers out there. Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

The Aunt said...

You don't have to reincarnate to get IT skills. They do courses, you know. Hey, what if getting IT skills is the lesson you are supposed to learn this life? And if you don't, then you'll get stuck eating at Tasty Tasty forever?!!!

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

No wireless internet? You can't live under those deplorable conditions! Maddening!

Jimbo said...

Welcome back! Thought you went to Sawadika land and never came back! It's fun to see our juniors tremble no? since their exam is but 2 months away!

edina monsoon said...

auntymarianne: Aaaargh. ( btw the wireless router is OUT again ) Yet anotehr tri[ to the shop this week. I think in this life...I'm supposed to learn patience and nothing else.

gnightgirl: Maddening hardly describes this predicament. Hardly!!

Jimbo: It's this weekend silly. Nice pictures of redang.