Sunday, July 08, 2007

Wires are nasty things..


The desktop has been acting up for at least 3 months. And I have been procrastinating my trip to the pc doctor ( ie the man in sg wang plaza who sold me the pc ) forever. But today, I was determined to get things sorted. The last time I unplugged the wires, I had a jolly hour trying different permutations before the monitor worked. So today ( smug look ) I got smart and took pictures step by step.
For the record, the monitor didn't come on until a good half an hour later. ( And with a bit of swearing under my breath to get things going ). I think this desktop wants me to be miserable. Why else would it act up every few months?

2 comments:

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

My desktop is also acting up, ours must be in cahoots! I keep trying to reformat it, but apparently I don't know HOW. In the meantime, I reboot 80,000 times a day.

edina monsoon said...

Oh dear. Mine runs on non-orginal windows...hence the frequent hiccups. The wireless gadget is the third I've bought since owning this machine. Sometimes I think it's better to go non-wireless for stability.