Sunday, March 27, 2011

Empire Shopping Centre

Red velvet cake, which was nice.
 It's exciting to do different things sometimes. Today is a good example. We went to Empire Shopping Centre in Subang Jaya. The drive along the federal highway was smooth thankfully because we started out super early. Had coffee and cake at this lovely shop( I forgot the name already) but the toffee nut latte is certainly worth coming back for. Red velvet review: pretty okay. The icing was just a little too sweet for me. But the fluffiness of the cake was just about right. So yes I may well have this cake again.
Gorgeous intricate design
 Don't you think the leave design on this coffee froth is lovely?
Grandma's cake.(YUM)
 Not too sweet. And above all else, it tasted fresh.  Fluffy too!
Longest slide!
I saw this and went WOW! It's a pity it's for kids. Less than 10 seconds from top to bottom. So maybe I'll go there in pigtails and see whether they'll let me have a go
Kimchi Soup
 This lady was lovely. Here she is at the Korean fair dishing out kimchi soup for us. Not spicy enough for my liking. Expiry date on packet was June 2011. So I passed on it.
Two lovely people who posed so willingly for  a shot
Finally, this is the restaurant just beside the korean food fest and these are the two lovely people who posed for me. We were short of time so I'll have to save this for another day. I'm coming back for a meal here.

7 comments:

SYUKS said...

been there once.....and i prefer Pavillion more :)

Haris Abdul Rahman said...

I'd probably stop by the time I reached the red velvet and the latte. How you have the stamina to continue after that was beyond me ...

Anna, Fair and True said...

That cake looked delicious! I think they should let you go on the slide!

edina monsoon said...

syukur: It's a bit far...and yes Pavillion does seem to have more stuff. ( for now)
Haris: Shopping gives me energy:) HAH
Anna: Cake WAS delicious. Wish I could send you a slice. And yes I don't see why I shouldn't get on the slide. It looks like soooo much fun

fibrate said...

Whisk! It's a little cramped though for Allison and her stroller :)

edina monsoon said...

fibrate: you mean in the slide??? Or in the shop? haha

fibrate said...

The shop la! Have always wanted to go in for a cuppa but its dimensions are not baby friendly