Sunday, February 12, 2017

Holy Rosary Church KL

That's my car in front of the church
Don't worry, I did not park the car like this. All this was done in less than 3 minutes. A quick shot before leaving the church compound for home. This was taken on a Saturday morning around 11:00am. I went there to do a quick video shoot of Father Joachim. 30 seconds long, taken with my Samsung S6. ( As was this shot)

I think I've only been to this church once before for sunset mass a good 20 plus years ago. Which makes the last visit a very long time ago and me a rather old person if you count the years since.  You may well observe the taller buildings which have mushroomed around it. And as I waited for father to be ready, I took a walk in front of the church and attempted some shots. I realised the train which must run near can be heard loudly and regularly. Making any possible ideas of video-taping father outdoors with the church in the background a bad idea. We finally decided to have an indoor shot for better sound quality.

I believe the design of the church is Neo-gothic style. It was built in 1903. Some parts of the church was destroyed during the Japanese occupation and rebuilt. It bears some similarities to Westminster Abbey in London.

Holy Rosary Church, 10, Jalan Tun Sambanthan, 50470 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

No comments: