Saturday, January 30, 2010
Seeing as the resistance to changing from CELCOM to MAXIS is strong. Very strong. I have little choice but to forgo my dream of owning an iphone...for now. Until which time Maxis decides to be generous and allow celcom all the perks it holds. Then comes the new toy with all the hype. Ipad. I haven't actually seen or held the thing but just the idea of a bigger version of a iphone seems weird. Keyboards should be tap tap not touch screen. Truth or myth
1. You cannot multi task on the ipad
2. The touch screen keyboard will drive you crazy
3. Battery may be a problem
4. There is no camera. ( Okay this may not be a problem for me)
Friday, January 29, 2010
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Monday, January 25, 2010
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Friday, January 22, 2010
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
1. The contrasting colours are LOVELY. Frushcia topped with creamy white icing. Who can resist this.
2. It is moist and EVERY bite leaves you wanting more. I'm speak the truth. ( Look at the picture....there are no tell tale crumbs despite peeling the sides off.
( This is an interesting link for more on red velvet.)
We were met with 4 teddies at the counter. One of which had been undressed. I suspect by the little boy whose table faced the counter. It takes a very special person indeed to dress teddy back without a second thought as we wait for our orders to be taken. Thank you WNN
Sunday, January 17, 2010
What has spurred this on, is the rumour of an impending divorce of Princess Caroline of Monaco. Ernst of Hanover caught with the younger caroline lookalike in Thailand. How much hurtful can that be? The curse of the Grimaldi's ....
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Friday, January 15, 2010
Thursday, January 14, 2010
The three songs which I will probably be sick of by August are:
- Allergo. 4th movement from Sonata in D, HWV 371,Op.1 No 13 by Handel
- Non giova Il sospirar by Donizetti
- Youngsters' Dance. No 19 from 24 easy little concert pieces by Szelenyi
Spot the weeny chair at the far end. I have exactly the same chair in my own apartment. I love that chair. It's just the right height cos I have slightly ( very slightly) shorter legs than most folks so sitting on normal chairs makes my legs ache. This is low enough for me to have my soles firmly planted on the ground should I choose to.
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Things to give up:
1. Egg collecting on facebook
2. Playing games on the Mac ( I'll just cut down...can't go cold turkey)
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Monday, January 11, 2010
Sunday, January 10, 2010
If you're a working adult, would setting aside 2 hours a day for violin practise be an unreasonable demand on self? I hope you agree, that it is a possible task because I have decided to sit for more violin exams this year. That's right, I find it difficult to improve without the threat of exams looming ahead. So it is because of this ( and perhaps the need to move a step ahead of my competitor a girl less than half my age who has to sit for her grade 5 theory in 2010 and as a result will not sit for the practical exam....) reason that I am subjecting myself and my poor teacher to stress levels high enough to cause some white hair ...and peptic ulcer.
Thursday, January 07, 2010
Wednesday, January 06, 2010
2. You feel all achy, and truth be told, a little sorry for self. ( The tonsils decide to grate against each other having swelled up in size overnight..spitting now seems like an acceptable trait)
3. You take long HOT showers in a sorry attempt to try and get warm. It leaves you even colder the minute you get out of the shower, despite you being as red as a lobster
4. Paracetamol the wonder drug loses it's magical power, and you still feel damnably ill after 2 sets of pcm-popping. You start suspecting you may have bought some faulty strips of PCM instead.
5. You welcome the thought of being in a horizontal position...all the time.But when you lie down, you still feel horrible. Nothing makes you feel better.
6. You FINALLY start rifling the medicine drawer in search of strips of antibiotics.
I want to be WELL!!!!!!!!!
I have decided to leave the leaky pipe story for a bit, the next blog entry re leaky pipe will be a victorious one I hope. Bloody pipe-fixing seems harder than I thought. Enough said!
1. Super strong glue. 5 minute EPOXY
2. A small empty panadol actifast box as a container for mixing the glue
3.Micropore ( bought it for RM 6 from the pharmacy )
4. Disposable glues. ( To avoid getting fingers stuck together)
5. A small wooden stool to sit on.( The leak was the pipe under the sink in the bathroom.
6. A hairband to get the fringe out of the way during this VERY important task
( pause to head to the Loo to check the situation....)
AAAAARRRRRRGGGHH!! Stupid leak. I need to re-do.