Friday, February 26, 2010
1. I did no work. ( it's a public holiday )
2. I got 3 special eggs and am now ranked 2000+++ in the world. ( hatclings is addictive but in a good way)
3. I have been watching Yes Prime Minister the entire day.
4. In 's 5:45pm and I am still in my jim jams.
5. I squeezed in a bit of scale-practise on the violin. By this have eased the guilt of not practising the day before
6.Am reading "The School At Thrush Green" at a leisurely pace with bread and nutella as supplements.
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Things I've learnt during the chinese new year break.
1. If you have an old broom, it defeats the purpose of cleaning by doing exactly the opposite.
2. Melt-in-your mouth Kuih Bangkit is hard to make.
3. One small bottle of colouring is enough to make THAT shade of blood red so desired in red velvet.
4. Buttermilk is made with milk and lime/cider, the chemical reaction does something to it. Curdle it I think.
5. Finding those special eggs on hatclings needs perseverance and a WHOLE lot of luck.
6. If you do nothing else the whole day, the maximum eggs you may collect is 500+ before the wrist hurst and you get sick of it.
7. If ( like me ) you get stuck in the kitchen for a good one and a half hours ( as a way of avoiding guests) you can be very productive and clean table tops, cupboards and fridge doors.
8. That blasted machine called the metronome is no longer my enemy. By keeping time, I have improved my intonation somewhat.
9. Watching youtube videos of the vibrato is informative. I can now do a vibrato. And it doesn't sound like a constipated cat any more.
10. The best weddings to attend are the Malay ones. The other races have this disgusting habit of making you wait up to an hour for your food. ( Malaysian time stinks )
picture from Holiday and seasons
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Tuesday, February 09, 2010
Sunday, February 07, 2010
- The Brontes Went To Woolworths
- Henrietta's War
- Fun and Games at Malory Towers
- Goodbye Malory Towers
- Secrets at Malory Towers
- New Term at Malory Towers
- Winter term at Malory Towers
Friday, February 05, 2010
Gmail inbox reminds me unnecessarily of my job to get the yearly report for the department done. Spent the entire weekend worrying about it. I have started and the going is slow only because I get detracted from it by my REAL job of seeing patients and actually doing medically based work. You know, the stuff I was trained to do. I realise, I do not mind being busy with things I can solve but when faced with paperwork and loads of typing, I am ill-equipt
Thursday, February 04, 2010
Am now obsessed with collecting all books published by the Bloomsbury group. The series features lost classics from the early 20th century. There are six of them, and I have 2 so far. Here are the titles:
- The Brontes went to Woolworths
- Henrietta's war
- Miss Hargreaves
- Loves Shadow
- A kid for two farthings
- Mrs Tim of the Regiment
Ceramic Clay Sculpture Pannal Roundabout Harrogate - front view, originally uploaded by ColourPainter.